Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I got a blog award!


I received this award from Carrie at Life Undivided.

The rules for this award are rather simple. All I have to do is answer the following questions with a single word answer and then pass this along to five bloggers.

(1) Your Cell Phone? iPhone

(2) Your Hair? Straight

(3) Your Mother? Nurturer

(4) Your Father? Outdoors

(5) Your Favorite Food? Mexican

(6) Your Dream Last Night? Sporadic

(7) Your Favorite Drink? Pikes

(8) Your Dream/Goal? Happy

(9) What Room Are You In? Living

(10) Your Hobby? Family

(11) Your Fear? Kidnapping

(12) Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? Arms (I'm cheating here to explain, Josh's arms.)

(13) Where Were You Last Night? Kitchen

(14) Something That You Aren't? Mathematician

(15) Muffins? Cinnamon

(16) Wish List Item? Nook

(17) Where Did You Grow Up? Clifton

(18) Last Thing You Did? Vitamins

(19) What Are You Wearing? PJs

(20) Your TV? AmericanIdol

(21) Your Pets? Dustbunnies

(22) Friends? Thankfully

(23) Your Life? Lovely

(24) Your Mood? Positive

(25) Missing Someone? Tammy

(26) Vehicle? 4-Runner

(27) Something You Aren't Wearing? Braces!

(28) Your Favorite Store? WilliamsSonoma

(29) Your Favorite Color? Purple

(30) When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Tonight

(31) Last Time You Cried? Hmmm....

(32) Your Best Friend? Josh

(33) One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Books

(34) Facebook? Yes

(35) Favorite Place To Eat? FunkyArt


To officially claim my award I have to choose 5 blogs to honor as well. I'm picking these five because they encourage and inspire me. I love so many blogs so it was very hard to choose, but here goes:

Joy, Joy in the Journey - This precious lady has worn so many hats in the story of my life. I'm loving our new status that has transcended 'a good friend of my mom's' and become 'a dear friend of mine'. Her strength and transparency through the death of her husband has set a tone for her blog that is unlike any other I've read.

The Broaddus Family - Some of our sweetest forever friends. Though we've only known each other for about three years, we've traveled many miles together. No matter how busy we are I can click over and catch up on Courtney's clever musings and feel like I've just had coffee with a friend. When her blog moves to the top of my recently updated list I get a little giddy.

The Crawford Record - My little Sarah's blog. I have to admit that sometimes I click over and it's like I'm peeking in her door and watching her play house, but not in a creepy way. I love to read her thoughts and see her passions come out in writing. I'm not giving up on her blog, despite the fact that the most "recent" post is titled 'Christmas Directions'. This award is just the blog boost she needs to keep going.

Family of Farmers - Robyn and I are almost sisters-in-law. Our husbands were inseparable best friends since fifth grade. We spend our time together trying to talk over the boys as they relive the glory days. Fortunately, Matt married a girl who is amazingly talented and quirkily (yes that's a word) gifted. She is one of 'those moms' who seeps love for her family from every pore, and that Arabelle is an absolute angel baby. Her big brown eyes alone are worth a click.

The Crow Family - Leah and I are lifelong friends. I love watching her be a mom to her sweet Jack, and look forward to meeting the next baby Crow who is still cooking. Each post is another chapter in the love letter she's constructing for her family. Those red-headed Crow boys have tied her heart in knots. I am charmed every time I visit her blot.

Okay Rayeanne, Courtney, Sarah, Robyn, and Leah to accept your award you have to answer the questions above in a new post on your blog, remember only one-word answers. Then pick five of your favorite blogs to honor with the Over the Top award!

3 comments:

The Broaddus Family said...

Thanks, Autumn! Your words are too kind!

jacksonsmommy said...

Thanks girl! You are such a sweetie!

Tam said...

I miss you too.
Not only does Ava have 2 parents wrapped around her pinkies, but she also has a special friend wrapped too. Everyone loved the pictures. I left it up on the bulletin board for a week. Now it's mine and on my refrigerator. I love you all.