Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Doctor in the Family

Ava found a box of holiday decorations. I was packing our bags for a weekend in Texas, so she decided to entertain me with a puppet show.


The end of a sleigh bed makes a perfect puppet stage, only this puppeteer couldn't quite grasp the concept of hiding from the audience.


Daddy is teaching Ava how to play air hockey. The most common phrase drifting downstairs during a game is, "Ava, move your fingers."


Darling smile, having fun - but see the fingers?


This weekend we headed to Dallas to celebrate Uncle Brandon's graduation from Chiropractic school. Traffic was horrific on our way south. We decided to take a little break from the brakes and stopped to buy fried pies at Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies. We always see tons of cars in the parking lot, so we were sure they would be delicious. The pies were divine, particularly the pineapple. The crust is unlike anything I've ever eaten, and stays crispy even when reheated in the microwave.


After three years of sacrifice and tireless work, Brandon and Sarah (and baby Nolan, of course) were elated that graduation day had finally come.

Pops and Baba, so proud of Brandon.

Waiting patiently for the ceremony


Uncle Nate had fun playing with Ava before graduation started.


Dr. Brandon Crawford


Ava could not contain her excitement.


We're so proud of you Uncle B!


After Aunt Jaryn's graduation in December, the next family graduation we attend will be Josh's in May 2012. I think we can, I think we can...

4 comments:

k and c's mom said...

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! So proud of Brandon. He's lucky to have a family like yours that stands behind him and supports him.

Carrie said...

You totally can! Congrats to your bro-in-law. It must be nice to have a chiropractor in the family!

Hannah said...

Old lady! Psh! And I wouldn't have to enlarge it either.

Oh and I think I'm wearing #2 because you and mom both liked it (and N thought it was tied with #1)

I'll let you know how it goes :D

Tammy said...

I love the new decor of your blog. I just wish it felt like fall too. Monday is the big day. :)