Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not Your Grandma's Grammar


Ava made a "train" out of her alphabet blocks all by herself. I was busily baking and she said, "Mama, look what my did!" (Anyone have a suggestion on how to clear up muddled pronouns? The my/I one is completely lost on her.) Anyway, this was her TA-DA pose.


Ava loves Pooh bear.


On our way to church on Sunday, enjoying a Fruity Cheerio breakfast...see anything amiss?


I still have no idea how the cereal got on top of her head. She looks really sleepy because we've been going for Sunday school and our church is an hour away. It's worth it though!


I-know-I-know, this is Ava's blog. But, I won a grant! Actually, this was my second grant awarded from the Midway ISD Education Foundation. This marvelous organization equips educators in the district with innovative technology and programs that benefit teachers and students. Erica Artho, my fellow 4th grade writing teacher, and I co-authored this particular grant called Not Your Grandma's Grammar. We will soon purchase 50" plasma TVs, document cameras, and interractive Smartboards for our classrooms! Even though I won't be here to enjoy my new toys next year, I'm so excited for our school.

1 comment:

Haffner's World said...

Congratulations!!! What a great grant!!! I have had my smartboard for about 2 months now and I am in LOVE with it!!!