Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My sunshine

Ava enjoys her "coffee" and cupcake for breakfast on Mommy's birthday.

We both enjoyed Ava's first viewing of my favorite movie, The Wizard of Oz. She was enthralled, and not at all scared...I'm so proud of my brave little munchkin!

Stretching for gymnastics with Daddy.

Balancing the brown beanbag on her head

Ava practices catching the brown beanbag.

Jumping!

Now Mommy helps Ava stretch.

I know this picture is blurry, but it was too fun not to post.

Ava concentrates on the task at hand.

Catching the beanbag!

Ava puts on her gameface and prepares to enter the obstacle course.

"You want me to crawl in there?"

We exchange a "look"

In order to convince Ava to crawl, not walk, across the balance beam we all three had to "meow" like kitties. Finally she did it. Evidently crawling on the beam is much more difficult.

The objective is to step OVER the obstacles on the beam, but I made the mistake of giving the donkey a voice. Then it became a game. Oops, I guess that's why Mommy was in band:)

Ava and Mommy jump on the trampoline. (Please observe the chalk "A" on Ava's leotard. Josh decided to make her a superhero.)

Mantle 2.0

Since I didn't get to smooch the Rocket in high school, I make up for lost time when I can. Thanks to Sarah Miller for my favorite picture of us in a very long time!


Nana treated all three of us to a birthday dinner and an evening of shopping. Thanks Nana! We loved spending time with you.


I'll close this post with lyrics to one of Ava's favorite rocking chair songs. It used to be my rocking chair song with my Papa:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray,
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Someday they'll sing it as a duet.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad we're friends!
hope you had a happy birthday!!!

k and c's mom said...

To quote Dr. Seuss:
Oh, the places Ava will go!
What great parents you two are!

King's Krew said...

Your gymnastics class looks like so much fun ! I've been looking for a class for Ellie ! I think she would enjoy it too !

laci

The Broaddus Family said...

adorable pictures autumn! miss you friends!